Today I’m thankful that….
- I’m home for a few days this week enjoying spring break with my family.
- We took a day trip to Clarksville to do some geocachng and visit Bass Pro Shop. Matthew, Kortni and Owen met us there. On Tuesdays and Thursdays at 4:00 p.m., the bass pro people do a fishing demonstration in the huge fish tank and then feed the fish. It’s worth going to see. Elsa made me hold her “in case one of the fishies are hurt being caught and I be scared.”
- We all went out for dinner at Famous Dave’s, which proved to be a surprisingly easy place at which to eat fairly healthy according to my WW points. Make sure to use the Devil Spit sauce while there. It’s not really all that hot but it’s tasty.
- Our three kids are good travelers; even Baby Jude hardly fussed in the car.
- I’ve been pricing subcompact pistols to add one to my small collection and made my purchase today: Ruger LCP .380 from Harder’s Gun Shop in Shoals. I drove over tonight after checking prices at several places. Harder’s had the best price by far.
- I’ve started Collin on his gun safety training and he’s very serious about it. He’s using his airsoft gun to practice unloading by removing the clip and clearing the chamber. It’s kinda cute and, at the same time, it’s a little scary since his airsoft gun is made to look exactly like a 9mm. In fact, it fits perfectly into my 9mm’s holster.
- We watched The Princess and the Frog several times the past few days since we rented it from Redbox. At the risk of sounding like a 4-year-old girl or a 40-year-old creepster, I’ll say I think it’s the best movie Disney has turned out in a while. It had great characters and even better music. The score captures the wide range of music that makes up New Orleans culture and history.
- God has blessed me with a wife that makes me laugh, think and be glad I’m married.
Join me in Daily Thanks by leaving your thanks in the comment box below or start a Daily Thanks list of your own!