Today I’m thankful that…
- I woke up this morning to a new day; more time from God to live, love and help others.
- I had some time with the big kids this morning while Michelle and Jude slept.
- Collin and I had a chat about how food spoils and why he can’t keep food forever in the fridge! He now has decided that food spoils because it gets sick with germs just like we do with the flu. That may not be far from the truth.
- I’m still getting caught up around the office and with errands. Today I took the church van over to have Clifton, at B&L Auto, look at the air conditioning. He always makes time to help me with stuff on the cars. He’s a good mechanic and a good neighbor.
- The people at MidSouthern Bank are always friendly and helpful when I go to do youth group banking.
- Larry and Kathy Moffat gave me a spare bicycle helmet they have, which will save me from buying a new one. They dropped it off to Grammy at the bank.
- Grace Armstrong made me proud of her again.
- Riley Day called to invite me to fish at her house tomorrow morning!
- Becky Warren and Josh Turner spent the morning baking cookies for the people who come to our food pantry to get food.
- We have a Netflix account to watch good documentaries.
- I got to have a lunch out to Noodles and Company in Bloomington with Josh Turner, Lindsay Slone, Becky Warren, Katie Thomas, Melissa Wilson, Chelsea Neely, Rebecca Burris, Maddy Fields, Shayna Kerr and James Warren.
- I got to give Maddy a piggy back ride today.
- Lindsay had us walk 4 blocks to an ice cream store that may or may not have ever existed in the location she was thinking of. On this particular day, it did not exist at that location, which made me laugh.
- We drove home in a storm with lots of thunder, lightening and rain. I love storms.
- My kids run to the door to greet me when I get home.
- We grilled out buffalo burgers tonight.
- Beth Parsley made me a laugh a couple of times today by text.
- I got to read to Collin and Elsa in bed tonight. We read a book about the true story of the big bad wolf; pretty funny. When we were ready to say our bedtime prayers, Elsa, who is 3, said that she would only be praying every other night because that would be enough. Sometimes it’s hard to be an effective parent because you’re trying to hold back laughter.
- Chad & Jennifer Edwards became parents yesterday to Claire! She was born on our anniversary. Chad and I got to chat some tonight by text.
- Michelle and I are now watching Obsessed on A&E. It’s fascinating.
- God is always working on the big picture even when I have trouble seeing it with my ‘small picture’ eyes.
Join me in Daily Thanks by leaving your thanks in the comment box below!