Today I’m thankful that…
- When I woke up today I’d been married for 12 years to my lovely wife. Michelle has put up with me and grown with me for longer than I deserve to be blessed with her presence. I’m looking forward to many more years of fun and peace and enjoying life’s journey together.
- I had a peaceful drive to Bedford this morning to pick up Josh Turner to come speak at our church today.
- Becky Warren ran to the gas station to buy batteries for me this morning and made copies for me. Thanks!
- We had a great discussion in youth class this morning about how to be true friends to people.
- Jean Sowders did Kingdom Kids today and did a very good job.
- Addilyn Fields came to sit with me during Kingdom Kids cause she got scared on her way to the stage. I guess she and I are friends now, which is great since she’s just 2!
- We went to Grammy and Pappy’s for lunch. Papa Bob and Mama Maxine were there too.
- Papa Bob, Michelle and Jude napped after lunch. Grammy and Pappy played with Collin and Elsa outside. I got to do the crossword and drink a cup of tea. Nice!
- When I got back to the office around 4:00 p.m., Melissa Wilson was there to walk in with me. And several other people came to hang out and chat. Melissa also drew a portrait of my face. She’s cool!
- We had a wedding shower for Austin & Alli Kerr today.
- The Mitchell police department asked if we could help a homeless lady get from Mitchell to Bedford for a hotel room. Lauren Young went with me to take the lady. She was very grateful and we spent some time having a good conversation with her. It was good to hear about her life and struggles. Helping others is truly what gives perspective to our life.
- Collin wanted to sleep in one of my t-shirts tonight. You can imagine what a 6 year old looks like in a 3x t-shirt. Let’s just say he didn’t really need a blanket.
- Elsa is ornery and adorable.
- Baby Jude was bright eyed tonight and has started smiling some, we think!
- I’m about to spend some time sitting with my wife of 12 years!
Join me in Daily Thanks by leaving your thanks in the comment box below!