Today I’m thankful that…
- Elsa got in bed with me this morning and we slept in a little past Collin and Michelle.
- I had my usual farm fresh egg from Teresa’s farm and this morning I had it in a wrap with some of our homemade salsa from yesterday.
- Collin and I practiced his baseball skills this morning with some glove work and he’s doing well even catching to his opposite side. Of course, I also hit one grounder to him a little harder than I meant to and it one-bounced him on his arm above his glove. He may have a good bruise! Oops.
- Elsa used Collin’s bat to try to hit the ball as Collin pitched to her but she hit me twice instead. I may have a bruise too.
- Joni and Lily Mathews stopped by to visit today.
- I got a hair cut today, which is on of my favorite things, from Kim up at her new shop by the old Pamida Store.
- I got to see Ronnie and Natasha Davis today.
- We picked some cucumbers from our garden. Collin, Elsa, and I used them to make fridge pickles this afternoon. They’re in the fridge now and will be ready tomorrow!
- Lindsay Slone came by today and went to do some youth group work for me. Thanks!
- I got to mow this afternoon, which is always relaxing and I get to listen to a good audio book while I do it.
- We ordered out for dinner and had El Compadre.
- Michelle took the kids out to play after dinner while I got to sit and relax while Jude napped.
- Jean Sowders came by to visit and helped give Elsa her bath!
- I got to laugh because when I went to check on how Collin was doing in his bath, I found him using his spray soap to put soap all over the side of the tub. When I said, ‘Collin don’t waste your soap like that’, he said, ‘I’m not wasting it. This is how I wash my back.’ At which point, he pressed his back against the soap on the side of the tub and slide back and forth.
- Ben Craton and Jennifer Coombes made me laugh at their comments on yesterdays thanks and Julie Greene commented with her thanks list.
- I’m now sitting next to my lovely, sweet wife and drinking hot tea.
- God is present in my heart, mind and even in my imagination.
Join me in Daily Thanks by leaving your thanks in the comment box below!