Today I’m thankful that…
- We had a great night of sleep and even Jude slept well.
- Jude is our best sleeper of all the kids.
- This week has been wonderfully relaxing. In fact Michelle said Collin and Elsa had a ‘Hugh Hefner’ week; meaning they spent almost the whole time in their pajamas! But that’s where the similarities with Hugh ended.
- Collin, Elsa and I went to Big Sam’s for tomatoes and onions, the JayC Store for cilantro and limes, and our garden for serranos and jalapenos. So we have our first huge batch of homemade salsa in the fridge right now!
- Collin, Elsa and I oiled Collin’s baseball mitt.
- We’ve had a Blue Jay returning daily to our bird bath and feeders.
- Elsa always call Jude the ‘new baby’ and never by his name. I think that’s funny!
- Collin drove the riding lawn mower by himself for the first time tonight. He’s been riding on my lap and driving for about 2 years but tonight was the first time alone. He didn’t hit anything!
- We were working in the garden and dug up an 1892 Indian Head Penny. Kinda cool.
- Matina Hobson brought us a great dinner of ham, corn, bread and her famous cheesy potatoes!
- Michelle ordered a set of matching pajamas for herself and Jude and they came in the mail today. I guess they’re planning to join the ‘Hugh Hefner’ week.
- Laura Barlow brought us watermelon.
- Jeff Shover is in town.
- We saw Lauren Young and Ashley Earls at the JayC store.
- Bryan Edwards chatted with me on text.
- I’m now sitting in my recliner watching my oldest son hold my youngest son. Life is good. Thank you God.
Join me in Daily Thanks by leaving your thanks in the comment box below!