Today I’m thankful that…
- I got to sleep in until almost 7:00 a.m.!
- All three kids sat in the chair again with me this morning. I know this is a repeat from other days but it really is my favorite time of the day.
- We had out first trip to Dr. Debbie today for a weigh-in for Jude and he’s gained about 6 ozs already. Michelle’s milk is good stuff!
- I got to sit in the van and watch Toy Story with the kids while Michelle and Jude went into the hospital for his blood tests. (just routine tests)
- I have Scrabble on my cell phone to pass the time if I ever sit bored and tired of thinking.
- I got to take Collin and Elsa out for a lunch date at El Compadre while Michelle and Jude stayed home to relax.
- Jean Sowders came to visit my wife today and is a good friend.
- My mom came to visit today and brought clothes for Jude.
- I got to push Elsa in the backyard swing.
- Collin and I started building a new model today of a pioneer style fort.
- We picked our 4th tomato today from the garden, which never made it inside because Collin and I ate it before we left the garden!
- Collin, my 6 year old son, said, “There’s a little bug in my cup of water. Would it hurt you if you swallowed a bug?” Michelle told him no, it probably wouldn’t hurt anyone. So he drank it. That’s my boy!
- We had good left-overs for dinner from the Parsley’s meal.
- Elsa curled up in my lap and went to sleep just before bedtime.
- Mike Collins is out there being useful and thankful too.
- Ben Craton is a friend of mine because he makes me think and laugh often. (Ben, you just were on my mind today! It may be the cat thing.)
- My wife is a good mom and mother!
- Collin and I are having a late boys night with snacks and Mario Kart on the Wii.
Join me in Daily Thanks by leaving your thanks in the comment box below!